Skull printed, detailed, molded, and cast
Some casting of one of the 3d printed skulls. Took a bit of work to clean up the raw 3d printed skull; several coats of primer, sanding, detailing with wax, surface re-texturing, re-sculpting more details and then on to the ever fun molding and casting. Overall not a terrible process but a bit dull. The first pic if just cast in grey resin and the second is a faux bone attempt. Going to be try casting this guy in a bunch of different materials.
Tweeks and a drawing
A little more refinement on the skull and an iPad drawing just exploring some horn ideas.
Trying my hand at some CAD drawing in Rhino. I am really a fan of rhino as far as geometric CAD design goes, it is very quick and straight forward drawing in NURNBS. Only took a few hours drawing this up and most of that was figuring out exact sizing and dealing with the stupid dome button.
Lying Cat done and some 3d print tests
Been a very busy week, in a good way for a change. It’s nice to finally be able to spend time on artwork that I actually feel invested in rather than school projects and papers no one cares about, especially me. I did some test prints of the zbrush skull I modelled last week and I think they turned out pretty well. Prints were done and a Makerbot 2 and I am surprised by the resolution the machine can achieve, going to be doing quite a few tests in the near future to see what I can push the machine to do. It is time consuming though, the one of the right took about 10 hours, the left about 4. Also finished up Lying Cat which hopefully I will be molding tomorrow.
Zbrush and I have been getting along much better as of late. We have decided that despite our disagreements it is in both of our best interest to work together towards a better future. Today we worked on turnaround videos. One is of the skull I have been fiddling with over the last few days and the other is a very quick dragon sketch from today.